Why does my Laptop Screen Keep Flickering?
Many of us suffer from the problem of flickering on the screen of the laptop. It disturbs during work. When you open the laptop its shows blinking of the light which means it is showing flickering.
I love to play live streaming games on my laptop, and I ensure that there is no flickering on my laptop screen.
There are many reasons that cause the flickering of the laptop screen. A few of the reasons are, errors in display drivers, increased magnetic field, adjust refresh rate, malware and viruses, old laptops, errors in the operating system, and hardware failure.
What is flickering?
Flickering is a visible transformation in brightness between cycles displayed on the screen. It is caused by the effect on the cathode ray of the screen which causes the screen blinking.
When the webpage is loading, it can sometimes show the original page displays split and show the variation.
Types of flickering:
It can be of different types.
1) Vertical lines.
3) Incorrect colors.
4) Screen flashing. Sometimes you cannot see the screen due to frequent and rapid flickering.
- 1 Why does my Laptop Screen Keep Flickering?
- 2 Methods to fix flickering of a laptop screen
Why does my Laptop Screen Keep Flickering?
There are some possible causes that can cause flickering of the screen. I have explained all these below:
Display driver corrupted:
This problem can be caused by an outdated driver. Always try to use updated graphics cards for your laptop.
If you do not know how to install the drives then you must have to install drive easy software it will tell you that what type of software your laptop requires now. And how to install it.
Magnetic field cause flickering:
The magnetic field can also cause flickering. So check your laptop in a wide area where there is no possibility of a magnetic field and then check that it shows flickering or not.
You can also check it’s flickering by connecting it with another screen to know what the problem is caused by a magnetic field or any other reason.
Make sure that the refresh rate of the laptop matches the compatibility of screen because some time refresh rate does not match with the screen and it causes flickering if the screen.
Make your laptop refresh rate higher from the list must b 60 hertz that it gives high quality of resolution and protects the screen from blinking.
This problem can also be caused by the virus. A person can download any data from unauthentic sources which with lots of viruses that affects the drivers of the laptop and cause screen flickering and other cause. So always make sure that your laptop contains antivirus.
When your laptop shows this type of problem it means your laptop need to replaced because older laptop shows these types of problems.
Screen flickering can be caused by hardware failure. Any damage in cable or inverter can cause this problem of flickering.
Methods to fix flickering of a laptop screen
If you are facing this problem then don’t worry you can fix it by using these methods:
Disable error reporting service:
1) Open your laptop in safe mode and then open the task manager by pressing the alt+ctrl and delete button.
2) Then hold down the shift key and restart it will give you options then click on troubleshoot then go to advance option.
3) In advanced setting click on startup a setting and click Restart.
4) Press f5 to keep your laptop in safe mode.
5) Then press window button + R it will show Run box write ‘MSConfig’ on it and click OK it will open system configuration. Click service on it and disabled the options:
“windows error reporting” and
“Problem report and solution’’ and apply it.
6) Restart the laptop, hopefully, the problem will be fixed.
Change the screen refresh rate (maximum) :
1) Go to display settings.
2) Then click on change display settings.
3) Go to advanced settings here click on the optional monitor.
4) Change screen refresh rate to 60 hertz and then apply and click OK. It will give a high refresh rate and show a high-quality screen,
Uninstall display graphics and then reinstall it:
1) Search device manager and here click on display adapter.
2) Then uninstall graphics drivers one by one.
3) Same way to uninstall NVIDIA graphic designer driver.
4) After uninstalling from your laptop then download these graphics drivers from their official website and then install them.
1) Go to your laptop startup and search programs and features.
2) Here uninstall the option I cloud app.
3) You must have rollback driver option in your laptop if you do not have this option, windows won’t be able to complete this process.
Keep your laptop away from the magnetic field.
Any other devices near the laptop that produce a magnetic field will cause the flickering. Also, a loose or defective cable that is used to charge a laptop can also cause a screen to flickers.
Keep your laptop away from these types of devices and then check that problem is solved or not if it does not fix the problem then attach another screen to check the problem of screen flickering. If it shows not flickering that means the laptop is getting old and to replace your laptop with a high-quality laptop.
Update or delete incompatible applications:
Press Ctrl+Shift and Esc at the same time to open Task Manager.
Task Manager Window is flickering?
If no, then it means that some applications are incompatible with your Windows system. If you installed any new application or file in your computer then uninstall the app or delete this file that is harming your laptop.
Update your laptop drivers:
this problem may occur when your driver is wrong for your laptop or not updated yet. Then update your driver manually and check either it fixes the problem or not. And if you cannot do it manually then update the driver by use of driver easy.
You can update your laptop drive by using these steps:
1) download the driver safe and install it.
2) Install it and then scan it; it will scan your laptop and detect problem drivers.
3) You can update all the drivers by clicking on update all drivers or can also update one by one that is out of date on your system.
4) Restart your laptop and your problem with the screen will be fixed in this way hopefully.
Tips to prevent screen flickering:
One should always update its driver because over dated driver cause the flickering, so one must update its laptop driver.
If you are using any application or any gaming application in your laptop then you must update it because it consumes more memory of laptop and it can cause flickering of the laptop screen.
Install the app by ensuring that your laptop has a memory to run because it is come to cause the problem to the hard drive of the laptop which indirectly affects the screen of the laptop.
You should place your laptop at the place where there is no magnetic field near a laptop because the processor of the laptop also contains a magnetic field that causes flickering of the laptop screen.
You should always install antivirus into your laptop. Because we use any data on the laptop and download from unauthentic sources that cause the virus on the laptop so one should always take antivirus in its laptop.
You should your laptop refreshing rate maximum that is 60 hertz it gives you a good quality of screen display and prevents from the flickering of the laptop screen.
Sometimes older laptop causes flashing of the laptop screen because every laptop has its own time limit and age of laptop so you need to buy a new laptop.
You should need to put your hard devices carefully that they are free from any type of harm to the laptop. Because damage cable or hard disks can cause flashing or blinking of a laptop screen.
As discussed above that how and why the laptop screen keeps flickering, so I am sharing my own story. Few days before I face this problem with my laptop. I am using window 10 on my laptop so I fix my problem easily by increasing the refresh rate and its resolution rate.
I just opened my laptop and then go to display setting and then click on advanced display setting and set refresh rate from 48 hertz to the 60 hertz to a maximum rate. And then restart my laptop. I resolved my problem by using this method easily.
If you are facing this problem you can easily fix this problem by explaining the above method.
Team – Whatlaptops.com