Laptop Won’t Turn On Even When Plugged In – Answer by WhatLaptops
In this article, I will explain in details about this question that I recently received, “laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in”. Now there can a variety of reasons for laptop won’t starting up and I will explain all those here. Along with this, I will discuss, how you can resolve the issue and get your laptop back to the functional life.
Laptop Won’t Turn On Even When Plugged In – Answer by WhatLaptops
This topic can be a bit tricky for few, however, I will try to keep it very simple. Once I had this issue with my laptop when that Laptop Won’t Turn On Even When Plugged In, and checked all the details. I had to do a bit of research to find the possible cause and fix it.
This is always very frustrating when you are in the middle of something and you try to do any task on your laptop, and wow, that machine won’t even start.
Let us start digging the reasons for possible failure for the laptop to start.
Here we go:
Why the Laptop Won’t Turn On Even When Plugged In?
There can a variety of reasons responsible for the laptops failure. Here, I will explain the possible reasons in detail.
Check the Power Cable:
Now, this is one of the common issues that people have to face. If your laptop is not properly charged, carefully connect the power cable and attach it with the connection. Turn on the switch and your laptop should start properly. If you are using any multi-plug, ensure to use a high-quality power connector for stable charging. This will keep your laptop safe from any sort of electric short circuit.
Also, check the adaptor, it should be connected properly and always buy these accessories from genuine manufacturers. Nowadays the market is filled with low-quality products, that will just harm your machine.
Normally I do not recommend using the electric stabilizer but if you are facing a drop in the voltage, go for it. Every laptop comes with a standard battery and it should be treated accordingly. Majority of the laptops come with a standard voltage in the United States but if you are from the United Kingdom or any other part of the globe, check with the instruction manual.
Nowadays all major manufacturers are using the voltage between 16-20, that works well in the major portion of the world. If you think, your home voltage is not suitable for charging your laptop and may eventually damage it, go for an electric stabilizer.
Now that you have properly attached the adaptor with the power cable and also accessed the voltage. It is time to start charging the laptop, normally I suggest to wait for a few minutes before you attempt to start the laptop. I recommend waiting for at least 5-7 minutes for charging and then only attempting to start the machine.
At this point, your laptop should turn on and start performing. Now if it does not start, then its time to proceed to the second step.
Check the Battery:
Now every laptop owners know how he is treating the machine. If you are not regularly charging the laptop and it has been dead for a while now, then this can be the cause. At this point, the issue is how to check if your laptop battery is really dead?
Remove the laptop battery and attach any other laptop battery. Charge the laptop for 5-10 minutes, if your laptop starts then you know what to do.
Check Hardware Ports:
Another possible cause that will keep laptop dead is an issue with the hardware. If all ports are not connected properly, it won’t allow the laptop to turn on and start functioning. At this point, check the hardware ports and ensure proper connection. If your laptop is not starting even with the new battery and securing all hardware ports, it is better to get it accessed by a technician,
Check the Power Button:
Sometimes there is an issue with the power button. Normally we just have to press it for a second and the laptop will turn on and start processing. If your laptop is not starting, try pressing the power button for a few seconds and then releasing. If your laptop is charged, it should turn on the laptop.
If it is still not working, you can use a tweezer to remove the power button key and access the key carriage. If you find any dust or grime trapped there, clean it carefully. Now you must ensure that the power cable is dis-connected from the laptop and also the battery is removed. You do not want to end up destroying the whole electric circuit.
Draining the Residual Electricity Clog:
Now, this may be seems strange to few. Resarches have proved if your laptop is not turning on and not respondng to any of the above mentioned techniques, it is better to follow this. There s a term called, “electricty clog” and this has been proved.
You must be thinking, what the heck, let me explain how you can overcome this.
Just follow these basic steps and your laptop should start functioning properly:
- Disconnect the power cable.
- Remove the battery.
- Press the power button for a minimum of thirty seconds, it should remove any electricity clog if present.
- Do not connect the battery, just attach the power cable, and start the laptop.
- If it does not start here, repeat the process for at least one minute.
I have explained all the details that will help you keep your laptop good and in functional life. Follow the above-mentioned steps to check why your laptop is not starting and turning on.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions related to laptops. I will answer your question and also post a detailed article on that very question. At, WhatLaptops, we are here to help and guide fellows who are facing issues with their laptops. This article about, Laptop Won’t Turn On Even When Plugged In, is one such example.
Best of Luck.
Team- What Laptops
- Why is My Laptop Getting Hot?
- Best Gaming Laptop Under 500 Dollars Reviews 2019.
- How to Clean Laptop Touch Screen?
- How to fix a cracked laptop screen without replacing it?
- What Laptops Last the Longest?
- How to Remove Laptop Stickers Without damaging Them?
- How to Clean Laptop Keyboard Without Removing Keys?
- What is The Best Operating System For a Laptop?
- Uses of Laptop in Our Daily Life
- Laptop vs Desktop Pros and Cons
- How Much RAM Do I Need for Gaming?
- 7 Things You Need Know About Razer Blade Stealth 2019 Review
- Best Laptop for Webcam Streaming
- How to Improve Internet Connection for Online Gaming?
- How Much Storage Do I Need On My Laptop?
- How to Fix a Broken Key On Your Laptop?
- Can You Take Laptops on Planes?
- What Size Laptop for College?
- Best 13 Inch Laptop 2019 Reviews
- Best Laptop for Fashion Designers 2019 Reviews
- Best Budget Travel Laptop 2019 Reviews
- How to Make My Laptop Faster For Free?
- Benefits of Laptops in the Classroom
- Best 11 Inch Laptop 2019 Reviews
- Intel Processors Generations List 2019
- How to Make a Phone Call From Laptop?